Wednesday, November 01, 2023

Solitary journey back November 2023

Well this may be silly, but I know I have to find work soon, and Tan had spent most of October back in China for the moving of her parents' bones to another place to be together. Apparently this involved scraping what was left of the flesh off the bones as Waipo's had only been there for four years or so.


But I also had a massive inkling to go back. This summer had been so good. I had found a really cheap £398 return to Hong Kong from London and bought it mid-October. Carpe diem?


So at 5.30pm I was back in T4 in Heathrow with almost no queue for check-in. The kind lady got me seat 47G when I asked for an empty row. She couldn't promise of course, but it at least gave me a chance. The lack of queue meant that even after duty-free it was still more than four hours before the flight when I got to the lounge. Not that I've ever been turned away for being early before. I took full advantage of some decent curry and vin rouge, and may have managed a whisky or two before boarding started. My excuse was simply trying to get some sleep on the flight.

Last curry for a while


I ended up being in nearly the only empty row of 3 in my field of vision. And still it was the same when boarding was complete and when we took off!  So after (yet) another meal and a last glass of rouge I took my melatonin and Phenergan, and lay down over the three seats under my blanket (but with my seatbelt showing). I woke up with only 1h22 minutes of the flight to go! This well justified what planning I could re seating and probably getting to the airport early. And then bang we'd landed and I'd not even been checking. Just about the smoothest journey ever from London to China.

Three seats together for the first time going out

No comments:

Post a Comment