Monday, November 13, 2023

Haiwei's friend Nong's birthday meal

Whiled away at home till 5.45pm when Haiwei called me to pick him up to go to his friend Nong's birthday meal. Blimey it was really pissing it down again and I was once again delayed while putting on the coverall. The traffic was like nothing I'd seen before in Pingguo, and Haiwei was commenting on how convenient it was to have a dian dong che to swerve through it all.


Nong's place was a rather small and dingy, next to the hospital I hoped I wouldn't need to visit again. But of course the hospitality was second to none and we had a great meal accompanied by a fair amount of cai ma. I decided to bring the two packs of Matchmakers plus a box of shortbread as a sort of present as it's generally considered polite to bring something when you turn up for a meal, and it looks like they were appreciated. Nong said that it was her husband's birthday tomorrow so she would invite me back then. But beer had been drunk and I knew not to trust too much in such invitations. Before midnight I took Haiwei back home before getting back to our place where I had a brief chat with Awl.

Yet another great meal


But somehow I got back in contact with Nong and they convinced me to go back to drink a little more. The bloke who had delivered the beer earlier was still there plus another bloke. A "little" more haha...I didn't get back till 4am! But it was an incredibly fun night saying good night at 3am.

No comments:

Post a Comment