Saturday, November 18, 2023

Musical meal with Li Kun's friends by the river

Well I managed to be up at 10am but didn't see any message from Li Kun about pig skin, and was not about to call him to remind him. So I slept in till well gone midday, when he pinged me to send me a video of the frying of some pig skin and asked me if I was up. I answered in the affirmative and he said he'd arrange someone to pick me up. I said I'd take the dian dong che so he said to come to the office where someone would lead me. That someone was the bloke who's often in the office drinking something or other and I really should know his name. But he turned up with a load of beer on his dian dong che and I followed him for the next 15 minutes or so.

Unexpectedly beautiful setting for a late afternoon meal and sing song


Wow, I didn't really expect such a place. It was nice to see wives and kids, which meant it wouldn't be too much of a drinking session. But there were guitars and a loud speaker, which meant I would be obliged to perform and therefore would probably imbibe. But of course food came first and we had some lovely nosh including the meat that had been cooked earlier in the day. Shortly later the first beers flowed and then the music started. There's not much that 2.5% beer can do for Dutch courage but sod it I think I can do without it now. I downloaded the lyrics to Mrs Robinson then checked with the guys back home and Mat said to do Mrs Robinson so that was it. Li Kun tried to join me on the drums but had some difficulty picking up the beat for some reason. So the other music bloke came to him and seemed to help him out. Of course The Boxer and Sound of Silence followed a bit later, so I'd done my bit and earned my beer.

Another set

Haiwei had invited me to go to his place for 5.30pm and it was getting on for that time so I said I'd better go but of course I had to be fashionably late, so around 5.30pm I took A Mong, the actual singer and guitarist, back to Pingguo. I had forgotten how long it took and dropped him off at the guangchang at nearly 6pm. But I needed a shave so went home to do that so didn't get to Haiwei's until nearly 7pm. I don't really remember what we did there other than eat some beef. Oh yes, some woman was there but not drinking as she was on medicine, and she said she'd invite us for a meal tomorrow but drunk or sober I've heard this so many times and I reckon there's a 33% chance of it happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment