Friday, July 23, 2010

More work and sea food boss

Yet another long day at work but at 8pm I decided to go and play table tennis for an hour or so. It was a nice expenditure of energy but I ended up working till 4am again.

By 12.30am I'd pretty much done enough so I stepped out to what is slowly becoming my regular haunt for a bite to eat at the witching hour. This is the seafood place not a minute away from our place. I happened to meet Lu Hai, who was already half cut, and the owner and manager of the place. I ordered an octopus and some fried sweetcorn as I had had enough of pure meat for a few days. We spent an enjoyable hour or so chatting, and the owner(?), well he was the main cook and his wife seemed to take the money and they have a beautiful six-year-old daughter - told me he wanted to work in England. I explained that most of my Chinese friends in England weren't too happy there but it seems like some sort of dream. I told him he'd be working in a little room 16 hours a day but he still seemed non-plussed. Maybe one day if he comes he'll really understand....

No comments:

Post a Comment