Thursday, July 08, 2010

Tan back and another power cut

Tan came back around lunchtime, which was nice, though she was very sweaty from the 100 yard walk from the san lun che to our front door. I have been told that there will be a power cut tomorrow from morning till 10 in the evening. This will not do. I will have to go to Nanning in that case to be able to work. At least Er Jie has a house there. She said she would give me the key but that someone else would have to pick me up in Nanning, or go with me from Pingguo. Why? If I have the address most taxi drivers will get me there in five minutes, surely?

No let up on the heat. I think that all the air-conditioning units have helped use up the electricity supply here hence the planned cut. We do have a large damn just outside Pingguo that apparently provides a healthy percentage of the electricity needs, but this is one of the hotter summers on record - even Beijing has reports of 40+ degrees so imagine what it's like here.

No comments:

Post a Comment