Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Last day 2017

Up at 7 and couldn't get back to sleep except for when I had slight hallucinations around 10am, after which I got up. I couldn't close my eyes without seeing spider-like shapes from the corner of a window behind lace curtains and it wasn't a nice experience. I'd semi-packed but wasn't too fussed...I had enough to take back and I could leave whatever I wanted here.

But now my leg was really hurting for the first time and I found it hard to walk. I manned up enough to take a shower and take off the bandage, but needed to lie down on the sofa in my office before I could face re-dressing it. By then it was nearly lunchtime and I was mindful that we were to be given a lift at 3pm to be in good time for our flight at 8.10pm from Nanning. So it was off to Waipo's for the last time and although there was no rice there, there were wan tuns that the kids ate. That meant I had leave to find something for myself...it would have been nice to have a final friend meal but I was knackered after four hours sleep and also needed the time to pack.

I got some bottles of pop for the car journey, and probably the last zero sugar shui bi I'd have here this year. I did find Luwen and said goodbye to him as he wasn't able to come last night due to being asleep. Then Tan rang to say she needed a belt for her 27k check-in luggage. 27k? You could have asked what the limits were. The kids and I did have a look in the luggage shop for such a belt but there was nothing forthcoming so for once we came back empty-handed on a shopping trip.

A Heng took us to the airport in an uneventful journey in the large Buick, and we had a thankfully little-turbulent one hour flight to Guangzhou. As we weren’t delayed we were able to take advantage of the decent grub and drink at the lounge there. I’m normally quite sad at this time but life moves quickly and each year it seems quicker that summer comes around and we’re back. Maybe it’s because each passing year is a smaller percentage of our lives so we just perceive it so, or maybe it’s just with the kids growing up so fast there’s always so much to do you don’t notice the time go by. A good incentive to keep busy if ever one was needed.

Leaving Pingguo for the last time in 2017
Some weird pinky hallway in Guangzhou that for some reason Xixi liked




No comments:

Post a Comment