Friday, August 25, 2017

Ling Ming meal and music

Tan was out all morning so I took the kids. We went to the sweetcorn soup place for lunch where I’m at least guaranteed they’ll have a decent amount of egg fried rice and gorgeous soup. A Wu had called to play ping pong so after lunch so we went to Boss Zhou’s place for a sweaty practice session before making the predictable ride to A Xia’s for a bit. Later it was time to go to Ling Ming’s new place for a family meal which he cooked himself. Even Waipo made it, which made it a bit more special. Luckily, despite buying two cases of beer we barely got through five cans (well...ish). They have a lovely flat at the top floor of a new complex that overlooks the river but I bet it cost a bomb. The last time I saw him working it was in a clothes shop. I guess the money comes from somewhere else.

Enjoying the sweetcorn soup while waiting for dan chao fan
We went for a walk after lunch and happened upon this dilapidated, yet prettyish, house that looks abandoned - but please No Nearing
Panoramic view from Ling Ming's new flat
Waipo at Ling Ming's lovely meal
Eating again at Boss Zhou's place
Next it was on to A Wu’s office where more than five beers were consumed. But at least I managed to fit in a head wash later on….very comfy. Then Uncle Yellow contacted me again and I went to the music shop for more musical goodness to finish off the day. Man those kids could play the guitar really well and I felt quite lowly doing a couple of S&G numbers compared to their Hotel California. Then the girlfriend of the bloke who did the solo to Hotel California came around and they did a duet of some English song I really should have known but didn't.

  Nice rendition of Hotel California

No comments:

Post a Comment