Monday, August 21, 2017

Staying up for City

It was a day of boring work until 10.30pm. Actually given that most of the time I’m working from home here I don’t finish till around 1am I shouldn’t moan, but I had been working well over 12 hours...anyway...First World problems in this context. I got the kids showered after their foray to the Guangchang where they got well and truly soaked with sweat, yet this didn’t help them sleep. But anyway I managed to go out to have a bite to eat with a couple of friends, and managed a late beer with A Wu later.

Then for what I really was aiming for...I wanted to watch the City match but it didn’t start till 3am. What to do? It was 1am and I had no intention of drinking till then, so I hit on the idea of having a Cola. It was quite disgusting, so I ended up putting a tad of vodka in it which didn’t really help in terms of taste or not drinking, but I managed to get through it with the help of a crypto-based conversation with Andge in the early hours. Yes, managed to stay up till 3am then found a stream of our match, only to be faced with a rather ordinary performance at home, coming back from a Rooney goal to draw 1-1 - I hope this is not a sign of things to come. It was well gone 5am at the end and I don’t think anyone minded me sleeping the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment