Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sleeping indulgences

Woke up a bit late then went back to sleep again as Leilei and Xixi were both taken out by friends/relatives. It was very nice to get around eight hours' sleep - something that I can't remember having in England since being a father.

Tan ordered a take-away lunch to be delivered to our flat for me for lunch, which woke me up. It was a nice chicken and mushroom and greens dish with rice that I managed to eat half of before going back to bed. It has been quite busy recently so I can justify such indulgences. Yesterday evening I had a very nice "xi tou" - wash hair, face, ears etc plus massage for about 1 pound 30p. It is such a nice experience I can't believe I don't go there every day. Actually that was my fourth time.

I took Leilei to the town square with Tian Tian big sister and our landlady's son. We all had a great time in the warm evening air and Leilei even managed to walk up to the new Mao Tse Deng statue. Afterwards we all went for a boat ride until Leilei decided he needed a weewee - we took the opportunity to leave the other two on the boat and go to see the famous Pingguo fountains...and they were certainly spectacular.


Leilei with the landlady's son and Tian Tian big sis


Leilei enjoying the fountains

No comments:

Post a Comment