Friday, October 10, 2008

Old-style ring-pulls

Almost falling into a routine of waking up at 7.15am, getting Leilei washed and brushed, and driving him to school in time for 8am where he'll start crying when I leave. The kids all sleep from around 12-2pm so he's not tired afterwards. Normally we'll try to have a bite to eat when he gets back, then Tian Tian jie jie (big sister - Lin Hong's daughter who's 9 years old) will ring us up asking to take him out to the town square. He loves that - lots of space to run around under the myriad lights, with lots to keep him occupied. I'm really impressed with this square. Two years ago it was impressive, but now they've added huge water features with carp and lots more stuff for the kids. It's about 15-20 times the size of Trafalgar Square to give it some perspective. I'll try to take some photos when I'm there during the daytime.

Tan and Xixi came back from Nanning on Friday afternoon so I'm no longer a single dad! Xixi remembered me after over a week which was the most important thing. We all went to Leilei's school to pick him up and he'd been given a Red Flag (Chinese equivalent of a gold star). The teachers really like him there.

In between working and waiting for the rest of the family to come back I had fun flicking can ring-pulls around the house such as I hadn't done since about 1977. It was more fun than I should admit.


Remember the old-style ring-pulls? Brought me right back....

No comments:

Post a Comment