Thursday, October 02, 2008

Internet

I had a phone call late last night that I didn’t answer. Turns out it was from work but the issue was fixed anyway. But I used that as a pretext for going back to Pingguo to do some work. Before I left I went to the local large European-style supermarket to look for some tonic water to go with a couple of bottles of gin I’d bought as presents. Of course there was none there but at least it was a trip I could do on my own. It’s a ten minute walk and it caused concern that I wasn’t taking a taxi. Last time I went there with Tan and A Heng we waited 10 minutes for a taxi anyway. And each trip is 8 kuai anyway which is about 50p. I bought some pyjamas and pants for Leilei, and some coffee and coffeemate for me.

Tan's brother drove A Heng and me back to Pingguo in the afternoon.

I'd told our landlady that I needed internet access and that had been arranged. However the modem that you get is only good for one computer. I had brought my wireless modem/router but was told by the people who work for China Telecom that I couldn't use that.

After I'd set up the internet with my wireless router we went out to eat bbq and meet up with more friends some of whom i knew from last time. We played drinking games and managed to get a few of them pretty drunk not that they needed much help. Got back around midnight and as Xiao Li's wife had gone to Nanning to be with Tan he stayed in Leilei's room. First night without kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment