Sunday, October 12, 2008

Meal at Tan's mum's 5th brother's son's house and getting myself a guitar

After the late England victory I got up reasonably early to help Leilei do a poopoo. Being a dad is like that.

This evening we had a lovely meal at Tan's mum's 5th brother's son's house. I swear I need to create a family tree. It will take a long time but I'm sure if I could furnish it with photos it would be a perfect present before I go back. Leilei was tired but he was taken out to buy some toys, which enabled us to enjoy some lovely ribs, duck and chicken, not to mention the greens (sweet potato leaves) and, yes, a couple of bottles of beer too.


Tan's mum's brother's 5th son's house - with some family

Earlier this week I mentioned to Xiao Li that I wanted to play a guitar, but he said "tai gui le" (too expensive). Luckily I asked someone else and they directed me to a music shop near the town square. With a background of 4 year old girls playing sublime Bach melodies on the pianos there I tried a few guitars and eventually decided upon a deep red one that had a decent tone. They wanted 420 kuai and I managed to get them down to 320 plus a set of new string plus a capo plus a carry-bag. That is a bit less than 30 quid. Of course I won't be able to take it back with me but I'll give it to Xiao Li and have it for when we come back. I can't explain how much more a house is a home with a guitar (or piano I'm sure).


My guitar

1 comment:

  1. Forgive me for saying so, but it looks black.
    It does remind me of some Simon & Garfunkel tunes though...

    ReplyDelete