Sunday, August 14, 2011

Awful stomach again

Woke up at 8am to the sounds of Tan's loud salsa ring tone and heard her saying I wouldn't be taking the kids to Nanning this morning as we had a late night. Oh yes, A Wu was taking A Ni and A Da to watch Transformers 3 (or rather A Ni was because A Wu can't drive out of town I understand). I was fine with that as I felt terrible as well as tired. I managed to doze until around 10 when I had an emergency tummy moment and had to rush to the loo. This continued for a bit until A Wu rang me to ask what time I was coming. There was no way I could be separated from a toilet for more than one minute so that was that sorted. I said I'd see, but had no doubts as to where I would be staying today.

This is the worst attack I've ever had, and I happily took the "la du" medicine that Tan had. As well as a lemsip I'd thoughtfully remembered to bring. By 1pm I was confident enough to go out and buy myself some small dumplings as I was famished and Tan was going out to see a former colleague from the bank. I got them from a really close place, that I'd been to before, and just wanted something simple. I was fine until coming back and a few yards away from our building when the tell tale signs emerged again. I did manage it to the lift though, and even though we are back down to one lift it was on the ground floor so I spent another 35 seconds of agony waiting to reach floor 14 and rush in again as Tan was leaving.

That was my last excursion of the day and I laboured under nasty head and neck pains all day, swapping between lemsip and ibuprofen until Tan came back in the evening with some chicken and rice that I wolfed down. The pain gradually subsided during the the late evening, but I'm not going to that fancy KTV place again in a hurry...

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear hope you're feeling better soon Dom.

    Happy birthday to Tan for yesterday. Glad you had a fun time.

    Loving the blog Dom, thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete