Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Police warning about suspicious IP traffic...

Up lateish due to late night, and this time Tan took the kids to school, while I wallowed into my study to pick up my work – it should be my last day today for two weeks but I’m sure stuff will happen… At least the electricity came back on around 10am.

While I was working in the morning Tan called to say the police had rung Ling Ming yesterday. Ling Ming had set up the Internet in the house while living here before we arrived. Apparently they had spotted a lot of IP phone traffic, and had asked him to stop! I must say I was pretty shocked as they must have been thinking I was a spy or something. Tan said I could go to the police station to explain, but I rather think it would be better to refrain from using the Sipgate software for dialing in to meetings – not such a big issue as it’s my last work day today.


For the fourth day or so in a row I was told we were invited to tea with friends. This time it was at a house rather than a restaurant and after a rather long wait (I’d got there by 6pm as demanded) we eventually sat down to eat at 7pm. During the meal a few blokes arrived and we had quite a few gan bei’s until I insisted that I go home due to meetings coming up. I could quite have happily stayed but I actually had quite a lot of work, in fact tonight was until 2am after which I didn’t even thing about going out, though I’m sure had I wanted to I could have found a few places….

Meal at a friends house, making more friends

No comments:

Post a Comment