Friday, August 03, 2012

Ling Ming's new car

Ling Ming got a new car Sunday. It is a Chinese automobile with the brand name "Haval" and the model name M2. It`s not the prettiest thing on the streets but it's pretty practical and at a snip under 8 grand I wouldn't worry.

Ling Ming and his new car

On Tuesday I came down with flu-like symptoms which caused me to fall back asleep in the late morning before work. The same happened Wednesday, but there was too much to do on Thursday and Friday so I got up a bit later and worked through the day. Leilei has alternated between sleeping here and a A Da's, with Xixi mainly sleeping at Waipo's.

On Thursday I was invited out to a meal with A Xia and friends. I said I couldn't go, but her husband Lao Su said he'd pick me up and drop me back. As luck would have it my meeting was cancelled so I was able to go and have my first multi-person meal for nearly a week. I did only stay an hour at a new restaurant near the university area, but had plenty to eat before going back with the kids and A Da, to let them play more on the Wii before going to Waipo's to sleep.

On Friday the kids didn't go to school for some reason, and got taken out and spoiled by whoever was at Waipo's place - Xixi had yet another set of clothes and Leilei had yet another set of some sort of battle cards. My evening was chockablock with meetings and when finally I'd finished at 12.30am A Wu, who had been calling me to go out all evening despite me telling him of my meetings, was already home.

Tan's eldest sister, known as Da Jie (big sister) had arrived in Pingguo in the evening and her son Ling Ming went to meet her. She stayed at Waipo's with the intention of seeing us all on Saturday

Tan was tired and in bed, so I decided to go out and get a little bbq. I went to the same place as Monday evening but before I managed to get there I was shouted at to come and drink a glass at a table of people at the next door place. One of the blokes knew Tan's sister and apparently I'd eaten with him a couple of years ago, which I pretended to remember. I ended up spending about 15 minutes there before reminding them I was supposed to be at another table and they let me go. I spent the next half an hour or so eating and drinking with who I now know as Mr Chang, and his son Chang Hua. His small place is called "Xiao chi da ai" (Small eat big love) - I think the translation loses something. This time they let me pay the 64 kuai and I took a couple of small cans of beer back to watch the Olympics. Well, watch the Olympics and also catch up a bit on some work too. Got to bed unguiltily at 4am.

No comments:

Post a Comment