Monday, August 13, 2012

BBQ paid for again...

Back to work...boo! I got a call at 10.30pm from a "friend" I'd met at some previous time one evening probably at the bbq place. He asked me to come out to eat and drink. I explained that I was busy at work and wouldn't be able to make it till 12.30am at the earliest. That was fine, apparently, and I should call him then to meet him. I finally finished at 12.45 so called him but got no reply, so I texted to say I was ready, only to receive a text back saying he'd gone to bed! Life's like that sometimes. At least it's easy to find somewhere else to eat, so at 1am I popped out to the guangchang bbq place and before I could make my order I heard my name called from two tables. I recognised Lu Wen and made a quick order of five duck tongues and five fatty beefs before sitting down with him and about eight mates. Needless to say there was much gan bei'ing and cai ma but sometimes that is nice after a hard day's work. Needless to say too was that I found my bbq paid for by Lu Wen before I had the chance to do so myself, not that I was able to eat much of it as they already had enough food on their table.

No comments:

Post a Comment