Friday, August 31, 2012

Dream on hold for a while

But all was prepared; we got the bus to the airport, no delays, got on, made last minute phone calls to loved ones, then had one of the nicest flights back ever. The taxi experience from Heathrow was shit, despite ordering in advance - late and not answering phone calls. But we were home with sleepy kids by 7pm, and thankfully they were ok at getting to bed again after a bite to eat. I had a first G&T for two months and got my sleep at 10pm. The dream was over, for another year. Well, not over, just on hold.

But I know now it is a real dream...it has all the hallmarks of a good, and sometimes, bad dream. The knowledge that it is real and has real repercussions is nice though, because I know how easy it could be for us to have this as our "waking" state, and for London to be our dream. What is impossible to make ok is that wherever we are, at least one of us will be away from home. I feel I deal with it better than Tan, but I'd like to think the kids would do too. Time may tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment