Friday, October 21, 2005

Snake!

This was to be our last day in Bangxu. Leilei didn't seem to mind and had a go posing on a motorbike.

We drove back to Pingguo in time for a special meal at A Wu's place. Special because A Wu's older brother was preparing snake for us blokes. This was a new experience for me and I got to see him cut the head off and syphon off the blood to be taken by us blokes later. But what surprised me was the bile duct. It was pierced by a toothpick until it eventually burst out a terribly dark green liquid that was mixed into a glass of alcohol. Apparently it, and the blood, are good for manly stuff, though Tan says I don't need to take anything ;)

Our friend the snake

A Wu and older brother with the snake

Bile on the left and blood on the right, as you do

Mmmm....snake blood...
For some reason after the meal we drank a few beers and I challenged A Wu to a game of arm wrestling. Given my longer, and slimmer, arms, this was a bit of a foolhardy challenge. But I gave a good account of myself, more so when moving to left-handed. I think he was a little surprised at how much I packed into it...maybe because of the snake's blood!

I'd love to say I beat him...


No comments:

Post a Comment