Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bank, Fat Briefs, and Karaoke

Today we visited the bank where Tan used to work. Her cousin Lin Hong still works there and is quite high up I think. Anyway, Leilei stole the show and we were given huge grapefruit-like fruits to eat while he was taken by the workers.

Outside the bank
I got the chance to visit a local supermarket and guffawed at the "Fat Briefs" on sale. I suppose there must be a market for them.

Fat Briefs

And then I wandered around the town a bit until I happened upon some blokes playing what I suppose is draughts, but with a bit of a crowd watching them...

Draughts?

In the evening we were invited to a local karaoke place by Tan's friends. Although it was mostly women I managed to have a good time and do a bit of a singalong with Tan. I think I could get used to living here....

Huang Chun, Lao Ma, A Ni, Tan, me



No comments:

Post a Comment