Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Registered again

I suppose I can blame jetlag but I was properly up by 9am so pinged Xiao Mong at the police station to ask if it would be convenient to go to pick up my registration document. Indeed it was, but for some stupid reason I decided to finish the beer I'd barely started about 4 hours previously. Needless to say it wasn't cold or refreshing but hey-ho I'm on holiday right?


So around 10am I drove down to pick it up and I was once again officially here. So getting back I decided to have an early lunch at the jiaozi place where the boss was smiling much more than usual as she bade me wait a few minutes while she cooked some up. Which was fine as I bumped in to Lu zong next door at his water place and we had a nice hug and he said we must meet up in a couple of days.


I spent much of the afternoon trying to get some sleep until at 6.30pm I realised I was starting to get pretty hungry and quail eggs, as nice as they are, are not enough for a grown man. I actually felt I needed some carbs so by 9pm I made a portion of pao mian that I'd bought a couple of months ago that really hit the spot.


For once I was glad not to be invited out. I hadn't really had much of a siesta so I was very tired by 11pm, but sleep was not forthcoming even after a couple of beers, so ended up chatting with the lads on and off till nearly 4.30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment