Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Nearly successful attempt at registering myself again...and good TT

Somehow awoke at 8am again but this time it seems I was alone in the house. So I managed to go for a drive at 9ish with my dirty Converse but I couldn't find the shoe cleaning shop. Well so what? I had another plan to go to the Police place to register myself and indeed soon after 10am I found it and Xiao Mong on the 2nd floor as I'm now used to. I gave her my last deng ji from barely two months ago and she took photos of it as well as my passport and visa. But it seemed the system was playing up and wouldn't let her complete the registration. I didn't mind, and said she could keep the passport if she wanted but she said she had enough info so she checked that she still had my Weixin and indeed she did and said she'd ping me when it was ready.


So I got back home and made a second attempt to get my dirty Converse cleaned and this time the lady had opened up her shop. But she said due to "holidays" it would take four or five days to get them cleaned. Not that I gave a monkey's but I didn't really know which holiday it was and I should have.

I hadn't really registered it but it was getting up to 20 degrees...very nice!

Back home I was hungry so ended up heating up some of the bbq from last night at about 11.30am. Damn I should have lasted till midday but at 11.50 I had a little V & lemonade as I knew I'd need a siesta. Well it should have come at 2pm but for some reason I went out again just because I could. Finally at gone 4pm despite Mat saying he was about for a chat I slept till getting on for 6pm.


I had nothing to do, and thought about doing some study but eventually 8pm poked its nose at me and I hit on the great idea of going to play ping pong. I pinged Haiwei and he said he was already at the place by the football stadium so I ended up getting there shortly after 8pm. Oh wow it was brilliant of course. I played a few people who were better than me but I started to smash back their smashes and I think I got some approval.


Finally at gone 10pm I left after a good two hours of exercise. Lord knows I need this both physically and mentally. I got home and wolfed down the last of the bbq from last night and realised I had no plans for tonight. No plans that was for about 4 minutes when Li Kun sent a 3 second video of food being prepared at his place. I didn't need a second invitation and told him I'd grab a quick shower first, and ended up getting there at about 11.30pm. It was the usual blokes and although I'd prefer a little female company I couldn't complain as it was free conversation and food and drink.

I got a pretty nice water bottle at Guanmart

Some mates at Li Kun's place as you do...


Of course Sisi pinged me at 12.30am to say she was drinking red wine. I was tempted but stayed with Li Kun and his handsome singer friend also turned up shortly after. Presently most of his friends took their leave so around 1.30am I saw a missed call from Sisi and decided I'd go to see how she was as we finished the last of the beers. She was unfortunately really drunk when I met her and two of her friends. I managed to convince her friends that I'd known her for years (which is true) and that I'd take her back home (much to their gratitude). But it wasn't that easy. I had to hold her steady for getting on for half an hour and was worried that someone would see us and think something untoward. Finally at about 2am she was ok enough to get on the back of my dian dong che to go back to her place. At least I knew it was next to the guangchang. It took another half an hour to get her from the dian dong che to walk home but I knew I'd done the right thing by looking after her. And I remembered to text her worried friend to say that she was home ok.


So back at home at nearly 3am it was almost a normal night. I thought "sod it" and poured a V and lemonade, and got to sleep not too long after. Until bloody 5am when I woke up and am still up now! Somehow I don't think it will be too much of a problem though....

No comments:

Post a Comment