Monday, January 22, 2024

Meal with Huang and KTV before late night

Well I was awake at a half decent time and decided to do another stint of dumbbell exercises...this time focusing on the arms. A friend pinged me to meet up during this so I thought why not but finished the exercises first.


I'd had a portion of jiaozi after the exercise as really felt I needed to consume more than I have been, but by 6pm I was starving again. At 7pm I went to see racist Huang who was happy to see me and we shared some glasses of tea so I suggested having a bite and he said sure, but at 8pm. I couldn't wait that long so at 7.30pm I told him I'd be back in half an hour and went home to devour the rest of the monkey nuts and three quail eggs.


I got back to Huang's Beihai place and had a really nice meal with him and his family and colleagues. Nice because there was nothing special about it - just a simple huoguo and decent company. I was pretty restrained with three bottles of beer in the 80 minutes I was there, as they drank their baijiu. A friend had pinged me to say their friend had invited me to go to sing song. Well a friend of a friend is a friend I suppose, but I'm not sure how they invited me if they didn't know me. Anyway, at 9pm I was told to go over but in the end I didn't leave till nearly 10pm.

Pleasant huoguo with Huang and workers


Huang and his workers told me not to take the dian dong che to the KTV place as there were police doing breathalysers. I thought this was unlikely but out of respect took their advice and left on foot. As it was there were indeed many police stopping vehicles just outside the KTV place so I was pretty glad as I might have imbibed a little V&C before going to Huang's as well. Not that I would have been stopped in all likelihood due to the colour of my skin.


I turned up at the KTV room to find I was only the 3rd person! So much for being told to hurry up! The birthday boy was very happy I was there though and we shared a few ganbeis for a few minutes until a load of women turned up. Gosh I try not to be too gender-aware but it's so much nicer at a KTV place with mostly women (and one little kid). It was genuinely nice to chat with them and then we started playing cai ma as gradually more people (including blokes) arrived. I didn't get too tipsy though as held my own at cai ma despite playing as a team. Although I had planned on getting back at 10pm (haha) it was 1.30am in the end and was about to have a chat with the lads when I fell fast asleep.


Until 6am that was. For some reason I was wide awake so Awl called me a bit later and I guess because I was in holiday mode I finished the V&C I'd poured earlier and then maybe had another or two before finally getting to sleep properly at 8am.

No comments:

Post a Comment