Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Wrong Boss Zhou

Managed to get up at 10.30 and grabbed a shower before going out and getting the kids some food as the lazy sods didn’t want to go out but I felt the need to. Back home and fed I chatted to Mat for a bit trying to sort out getting World of Tanks to work but we couldn’t find each other online, until he worked out that I’d downloaded the American client while in Canada, and we should be on the EU one. What? Surely that is just a config thing? But no, a new 5GB download was on the cards so maybe we’ll manage to play this evening...poxy (not proxy) shit in this day and age.

Cute baby at the beef soup place opposite ours...I think it is Lu Wen's new daughter
Took the kids out for lunch...something tells me they are getting a little bored of jiaozi


Managed to get a 1h45 wushui and got up before 6pm. I didn’t eat tea as I was going to see Uncle Yellow at 8.30pm, but before then I had loads of work. Then I had to go to Boss Zhou’s but somehow I ended at the wrong Boss Zhou. This was a little embarrassing but I made humour of it as one must, but was a little late for Uncle Yellow. Of course being late for mates here is no big deal. Uncle Yellow was there with his pisshead mate I’ve known for 10 years now, who’s now got a one year old daughter and a wife who doesn’t seem to mind them getting pissed with mates. I can only imagine they only do it for a few weeks a year while I’m around but that is quite a pompous thought. We ate great insects and pork and beef stuff...it really was the best meal I’ve had this year. They drank 22% white alcohol and I stuck to beer, though at 2.5% still gets to me. As things do sometimes happen, I ended up sitting at another table and some woman started singing to me to me in the local language.. I was really embarrassed but had to stand there and take it while of course I’m being filmed.

More nice grub(s)

My life here could be some sort of Black Mirror episode. No need for cameras on every street; everyone has one on their person and it seems at least one person has one trained on me at any one time. People almost have a real-time feed of what I am doing. The need for some privacy may be important for many but it seems a luxury I no longer have when not in a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment