Monday, August 13, 2018

Tea turning into beer

I took the liberty of not doing a great deal during the day until Tan and the kids came back at 4pm. I had offered to go out for Tan’s birthday but no-one seemed that bothered so we boringly got a takeaway delivered for an evening meal, which wasn’t that bad actually, but didn’t seem that special as these days it’s pretty straightforward to order one from your phone. The only issue is the one that’s been there since 2009, i.e. they don’t know which number to push when they get to outside our flat. So we generally get a phone call and now it seems we can’t open the door from our place so I get sent downstairs to meet the person and let them in. Not that it’s worth it by that time and I just take the meal from them.

After our meal I took the kids out and we went to the local Nancheng supermarket. As we were leaving it I was offered a ticket. I had no idea what it meant but I was ushered to another place where I scratched it off and I discovered I had “won” something. In fact I’d won a toothbrush plus 1000 kuai off any jade I wanted. This was suspicious to me...about £110 off any jade bracelet starting at 1300 kuai. I smelt a rat and said I’d go back to get the wife to check these out but was told I had to use the discount there and then. Then the rat I smelt just got smellier and I politely refused while secretly wondering if I was missing something.

Checking progress of the battery...not great but not too bad - 33km since last charge

Later that evening I went to drink tea with Haiwei’s reunion friend but one of the blokes there decided to buy some beer (not on my request). We ended up not drinking much tea but playing cai ma as one does and it was quite enjoyable. But Haiwei called a bit later and I promised to go to the bosses’ place half an hour later. 20 minutes later I got the same call again but only left 15 minutes after that….
Drinking tea that then turned into beer (not literally like a biblical miracle)

The bosses were in full red wine swing, but thoughtfully got some beer for me. Blooming annoyingly I lost badly at cai ma to these pissed people. Afterwards I saw Hua hua outside and had a few more enjoyable beers with him. He asked me to go to play football tomorrow at 8pm and I said yes as I felt I ought to. Then I realised it was proper football in a proper football arena and the others would probably be good. Oh well he did get me that football kit two years ago.

Then A Wu rolled up in his car as pissed as a fart. I guess someone had told him I was there...he sat outside with me and Hua hua and had a couple, and refused to move his car for the girl who was parked in front (to be fair she was up with the bosses so not a stranger). So someone else moved the car. Haiwei was half cut and I thought I’d have to take him home again but he had his car with him…. I wouldn’t accept this in London, or nearly anywhere else I know, but they seem incapable of driving more than 12 miles per hour so I suppose it’s safeish.

Pissed bosses

Turning up late but it being ok

No comments:

Post a Comment