Monday, August 20, 2018

Guess Age

I awoke to Tan asking if we could get tickets to go to Kunming. I wasn’t awake so said “yes” of course. Why wouldn’t I? I was then thrust into work as is my wont this year it appears. But I did make a point of taking the kids out for a Magical Mystery Tour as is another wont here, though not necessarily as exciting as it sounds.

I met Ma Laoban for dinner for the first time this year, with some colleagues and red wine. Luckily only two bottles between six adults (and one kid - Lao Pang’s son). But Ma Laoban only had a sip as he was driving (about the only person I know who would do that, but he technically doesn’t drink anyway so hardly a big deal), and one of the ladies had just had an injection so didn’t partake. As Lao Pang was Tan’s friend, I knew I wouldn’t get into trouble as I would have a witness to me not drinking too much, and anyway I had a meeting scheduled for 9pm, so I had to leave at 8.30. Then I found the meeting had been moved to 11.30pm - damn.

Then as that time rolled around it got cancelled, or at least I no longer had to attend, so went for a ride and met Zhang Hua, then went out to another place with some of his mates and played “guess age”, which .makes a change I suppose.

Zhang Hua's little shop

Outside Zhang Hua's shop with his wife and son

Zhang Hua and me enjoying a latish beer

No comments:

Post a Comment