Saturday, November 08, 2008

Back to Nanning to see the kids and met Brandy on the way


Smiling ladies
On Wednesday Tan took Leilei to Nanning, with a view to bringing him back for the weekend. Today I took the train to Nanning to see Xixi and Leilei. Unfortunately there was no place to sit, and I had a pushchair with me. A bloke helped me put the pushchair away and introduced himself as "Brandy". He is the manager of one of the biggest hotels in Pingguo and speaks some English. We chatted during the 1hr15 mins journey and I have been invited to go for a meal at his hotel, and to take Tan to see a film with him and his girlfriend in Nanning. He was going to Nanning just overnight to get his end away as he had work the next day (a bit like me really). He said his girlfriend was a French teacher, and it was quite surreal to meet her at Nanning and have a quick conversation in French (her accent was excellent).

Xixi has been very happy there and can say "Yula" (Lola) and "Yeiyei" (Leilei) and she can blow kisses and wave goodbye. She was very glad to see me and would hardly let anyone else hold me (except for Waipo). We went to the people's park, which was very nice indeed, except for that fact that to do anything except for walk around you had to pay for it. Tan's 2nd sister's son Pang Qi is too used to getting everything he wants so it was a bit of a chore following him around letting him go on what he wanted (and of course Leilei as well). At the entrance of the park we caused a security alert; Tan was buying some fruit so I had the kids...a few girls started cooing and taking photos, which led to a very minor stampede by others to see what the fuss was. I suspect some were disappointed to find I wasn't a pop star. A security guard came and told us to move along and made the crowd disperse, but you get an idea of what it can be like.


A flowery bear to greet you as you enter the park


Fun in the park

I was absolutely knackered by the early evening and got to sleep at 8pm. I didn't wake up till 7am - that is definitely the longest I've slept in over four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment