Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Flu...and Leilei's X-ray

I've come down with flu. Everyone blames the changing of the weather for all illnesses occuring during this time of the year. I've already been given amoxycillin and some rather nice fruit tea. I'll be better in one or two days. Just a pity others don't understand it will be with or without medicine.

Xixi is very happy as you can see:


We wished Xixi a Happy Birthday again and Tan, Leilei and I took the train back to Pingguo. Unfortunately it was delayed an hour, which feels like more when you're looking after a kid. I caved in and bought a can of beer to alleviate the wait. During the journey we were given a talk on fake money by one of the train's employees, with example notes that were impossible to tell from the real thing without an ultra-violet light. Of course he ended up selling these lights, and of course I bought a couple (2 for 10 kuai is quite good really) - Leilei really likes his. Now every time I go to a shop I'm able to show that my money is real.

A talk on how to spot fake notes. Actually more of a selling pitch. It worked.

I was saddened to see an x-ray of Leilei's chest in the bin at Tan's sister's house in Nanning, so I rescued it and cleaned it up; such things are great educational tools and all the more so if you know this is a picture of your own inside.


Leilei's chest x-ray

In the evening I received a phone call from "Brandy", the hotel manager I met in the train last week. He invited me out to "sing song" i.e. karaoke. I mustered up all my energy to go as I wasn't feeling great. Managed to cope ok, coming back at 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment