Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sick but improved terrapins' lives

Feeling worse than yesterday. Head and throat bad. Although the night has now become cold, the daytime is around 25 degrees c and feels very healthy. I went out for a ride on our electric moped and found myself at Ma Lao Ban's computer shop. They didn't have the usb lead I wanted but I bumped into Li Kun, and told him I was looking for some terrapin food. He took me in his half van/half pickup to a pet shop nearby that sold such things. While I was there I also discovered reasonably cheap fish tanks so I bought one to replace the horribly tiny vase our two terrapins have been living in up till now. By the way they don't have names yet. I will give them names unless someone else cares to comment and do so. I also bought some pretty stones to put in the water. All in cost just under a fiver for the tank, food and stones.


Our terrapins in their new home, looking happy at last. I will call them "honk" and "beep" unless I hear otherwise

We invited "Brandy" hotel manager to a meal at a nice place that does a mean chicken. The meal was good but I had to leave early to fix an emergency at work. By this stage I could barely speak but I managed to do the necessary. Up till 3am though.

No comments:

Post a Comment