Sunday, November 26, 2006

Venky's arrival

Not sure how we'd sorted it out but Venky came today, as he had last year.

Leilei waiting for Venky's arrival
Of course that meant going out for a beer and a bite to eat, so we did. We had a great time with my friends and acquaintances until Venky declared after about three bottles of 3.1% beer that he felt sick. I actually believed him that it was the bubbles as there was no other excuse unless he was the mother of all lightweights....

Venky in full swing
So we went for a walk by the river and he ended up giving me a big (man) hug and thanking me for inviting him down here. It was quite nice actually, but I knew I needed to get him home. Typically, he refused getting in any car as he didn't want to be enclosed, so we ended up agreeing that I would take a san lun che with him to the hotel, followed by A Wu's henchmen.

We had some nice ducks tongues
I had hoped to watch the Man U v Liverpool match at Venky's hotel, and so had Venky but it appeared sleep was more on his mind. After a few minutes' fervant search I did get a really grainy picture of the match, but by then he was flat out, and I didn't particularly want to stay, so as A Wu was still there we left the room and went back to where we are staying and I don't think I bothered to watch the second half.

No comments:

Post a Comment