Monday, November 27, 2006

Bees, Turtles, and Karaoke

The day sort of turned into evening as in much of it was slept through.

Venky went on a sojourn at some time and when it was time to eat we happened upon him traversing the street on a san lun che much to his amusement. Maybe he'd already found a beer place. Well it was gone 5pm so why not?

At the restaurant we looked at the various offerings of bees (one of my favourites) and turtles, and I hoped there would be enough vegetarian options for Venky (not that this place has failed us yet). After a sumptuous meal we somehow got cajoled into going to "sing song". Oh well, I suppose for Venky this is a new thing, at least in China.

Bees
A long-nosed turtle
We found some vege stuff for Venky
We met up with Lu Wen and his little brother, together with A Wu and another bloke or two. As married as I was, I couldn't help noticing the lack of female counterparts but thought better of mentioning this.

Lack of females
We played some drinking game that was so much dependent on luck that I nearly complained (dice on their own don't do it for me), but I started winning so kept schtum until Venky announced he wanted to sing "All Rise" by "Blue", or some similar popular music boy band. Half way through I realised it was actually related to legal stuff, which is Venky's profession, but I doubt anyone else did.

Still, despite the percentage of the beer, it kept being poured and did its job and we acted like teenagers and as Tan will never see this I don't care too much!

Lu Wen, me, Lu Wen's little brother, Venky, A Wu

No comments:

Post a Comment