Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Massage, Meal, and More Karaoke

Today we went for a massage! Ah yes the thing they do so much better and cheaper here!

...but painful at times...not that I would show it

Venky loving it

I think the massage left us feeling hungry, so we went for a bite to eat. Unfortunately, some of the potential bites were not Venky-suitable, i.e. the turtle (again). Luckily Venky is not judgemental regarding others' tastes so we happily sat around a table with friends and family to celebrate...well I'm not sure really but every meal feels like a bit of a celebration here....

My friend

Who's scared of who?


In fact this did seem like some sort of genuine celebration, and Lin Hong was dressed in smart work clothes, as were some others, and I think it was some sort of bank do. Plus the fact many were drinking red wine added to the effect. Although Venky and I stuck to the Li Quan, after enough gan beis we started to get into it more and as usual Venky's shirt buttons gradually got more undone from the top....

Venky seems to be in a slow-motion strip with some important people of Pingguo

Lin Hong on the right proposing a toast with her colleagues I think - that was the only glass of red I had tonight
Well I suppose last time it was me doing the same thing...

Yeah this was me last year...

This seems to be Venky's party trick
...and this was Venky last year!

One rather drunk bloke and two rather worried people


By the time the meal had finished it had been arranged that us blokes would go to "sing song" and the women would do whatever they had arranged. Fair enough.

Needless to say more beer was consumed, and unfortunately (not for them) there was a dearth of females. A few did turn up later but not before we were rather well-oiled and into singing mode. A Wu's big sister's husband, Jiefu, took a load of photos but it was difficult finding some half-decent ones....

Karaoke is about letting off steam as much as it is about singing

Er...maybe had there been women we'd have behaved more decently...

Good buddies!
Oh yeah, Tan had been in Nanning with A Ni and just got back for the meal earlier...sporting a tattoo for the first time. I was a tiny bit mortified until I saw it and agreed it was fairly good and wasn't in an unsuitable place.

Tan's new butterfly tattoo


No comments:

Post a Comment