Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Much better prawns and more tea/KTV

Diarrhoea is called la du here. It means something like spicy stomach. Luckily it is relatively common and they have pretty effective medicine so I was ok by the morning.

Tan and Xiao Wei have started going to Latin dancing classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings. I was invited to join them but politely declined saying I needed to look after Leilei.

So while the girls were away, Xiao Li and I went to eat at a local porridge place. They actually serve more than porridge (by which I mean squidgy rice with nice stuff in it rather than the sweet stuff we have for breakfast). We had some fantastic prawns and other delights. A couple of Xiao Li’s friends turned up, then another, then Horse Boss (the business partner who owns the computer shop) and his wife. We all got rather merry playing cai ma and this time I lost more than I won. The girls turned up later for their rations before I was told that the men were going to “drink tea”. Oh no, not again. But not wishing to appear impolite, I accompanied them to the same KTV bar as before and drank tea and beer and sang till two late in the morning.

Horse Boss and his wife

Me with some mates (Leilei and Xiao Li on the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment