Saturday, July 13, 2024

Family meal at A Hua's then raucous drinks and sing song with the lads


As I wasn't back massively late last night I should have been up at a reasonable hour but that hour passed and it doesn't matter here. I got a nice portion of jiaozi plus one for the kids who wouldn't be up till later than me.


For once we were going to go for a friend's meal at A Hua's house, where we'd lived for three months while Xixi turned one year old. In some ways nothing has changed...the table was in the same place and we ate similarly to 13 years ago, except Su Liyi, A Xia's son who is almost the same age as Xixi, was there. And almost interestingly is left-handed as Xixi is, as it seems so uncommon here. Having said that I've met at least two people who use chopsticks with their left hand but write with their right like me. I'd like to think that was a bit more normal as I can justify it myself but whatever...it's just one of those many things I'll never get a logical answer to.


A Wu called me to go to Boss Zhou's place to eat and I felt under no pressure to hurry up. So when I'd had enough yumi I decided to go, dropping off Xixi home first. More raucous roars met me as I walked in of course and did two rounds of ganbeis and a couple of hours later we were at Boss Zhou's KTV place doing more of the same except with music. I've explained to the lads in the UK that I've not had anything stronger than 3.3% (average 2.8%) for about two weeks and they still don't believe it's possible to get drunk on it. But by midnight I was and left not too much later.


For once almost everyone was on the 2.5% beer...and yes it is possible to get drunk on it


No comments:

Post a Comment