Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Nosh with Nong and the lads

After last night's shenanigans I was up too late for breakfast for the umpteenth morning in a row, and decided against going to the gym lest my shoulder was still healing. So for once I had a somewhat home-cooked lunch together with leftovers from the meal yesterday, which was actually just what I needed. I planned to go and find the dian dong che from the early hours of this morning, but when tapped on "Information" of the photo I took I didn't see much more than the aperture etc. But I remembered that on Google photos it showed me on the map where the photo was taken.


So I uploaded the photo and went to look at it but bloody Google photos only gave me the option of adding a location. I checked my phone and had definitely enabled adding location tags. So back on the laptop I looked at the metadata of the photo and chose to open it up in Google maps but bloody hell it opened it up at 0.0 and 0.0 lat and long so I was none the wiser. Annoyed, I let it lie for a while. I had a rough idea where I'd left it.


For tea I ended up getting a portion of jiaozi from the usual place, and having a grape with the boss as I was waiting for her to heat them up. Back home a little later Nong pinged me to ask what I was doing. I said not a lot and did she want to meet up for a beer. She said yes and where? I didn't know where so said to wait a little. I then pinged Li Kun to go for a beer and he also asked me where. Well I thought this was my chance to invite a couple of people but shortly after Li Kun said he hadn't slept well last night and wouldn't come out. Then Nong said she was going to go for a drink after her drumming practice so I still didn't know if I was the inviter or the invitee.


Thankfully a while later she called me to say she'd pick me up in ten or 20 minutes...she'd call me when she left her house. So 10 minutes, and half a can of beer later, she pinged me to say she'd arrived. Fair enough...I should be used to that now. So we drove to the new place over the bridge where we'd been to a musically-themed meal  earlier this year and I'd introduced her to Li Kun and Huang Lei. The usual guys were there and we enjoyed a really pleasant late night with some sheng yu and good chat, and a new card game for me that I didn't do too badly in, although Nong was on my side helping.

You literally cannot just have a beer with friends here


2am came around as it usually does, and eventually the night was done, and thankfully Muscle Boss offered to take me back in his car. He opined that he didn't like electric cars due to their lack of range. I considered saying that they already do 500km and within a few years it may be double that but what was the point? I'd had a cool evening after a wee chat with the lads at 3am took some sleeping help and couldn't even join the next Zoom call. Whoops, I'd forgotten about picking up the dian dong che...that will have to be for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment