Thursday, February 15, 2024

Meal with Lin Hong and then with Pingguo's number 2 apparently

Somehow woke up at 11.30am to find I'd done my trick of pouring a glass of beer when I got home earlier this morning and not drinking it. It wasn't too hard to fall back to sleep till 1.30pm. I did feel a bit crap so forced down a couple of glasses of the hair of the dog and it sort of did the trick.


A Zhong called to say to go and eat with them a bit later which meant my evening meal was sorted, and nearer the time both him and Lin Hong sent me the location of where I'd eaten with them in November, so I grabbed a shower and walked on over as I'd left my dian dong che at Xiao Nong's last night. It was a lovely friendly meal as usual and I managed a few beers with some of the blokes before A Wu asked if I'd eaten and I answered in the positive but it still meant I was invited. At 7.15pm I said I'd go over but it was opposite the new Li Jia He Xian hotel well north of the guangchang and it was gone 8pm by the time I'd walked there. I'd have taken a san lun che if I'd seen one but it was good to have a break from the beer.


Someone came to fetch me and we went to the second floor of a new alcohol shop. I really couldn't eat much more but chicken breast was put into my bowl of course. It seemed to be some sort of business-related meal and I played my part as A Wu's foreign friend which was fine. Boss Zhou was there for a while but then disappeared. Then a lady in her 50s turned up in rather more formal attire than I am used to here. We all stood up to gan bei her and A Wu whispered to me that she was Pingguo's number 2 person. I take that with a pinch of salt, and a glass of beer as everyone else was drinking red wine and baijiu. Interestingly, she smoked those thin cigarettes.

A Wu offering a light to Pingguo's no. 2


The evening descended into some cai ma where I did rather well until Fen pinged me to meet up which I used as an excuse to go. But with that everyone decided it was time to go too.... So met up with Fen for a while until I realised I'd not had much sleep in the last few days and made sure I got some.

No comments:

Post a Comment