Friday, February 02, 2024

Almost a normal day for 小年

Finally a day where almost nothing notable happened. I got up a bit later than normal, if normal is anything here. As I got a lift back last night I decided that after heating up the last xiang chang from yesterday and having that and a yoghurt for lunch, I'd walk to the train station to pick up the dian dong che. Well after the 29 degrees hit of yesterday in Tiandong's afternoon it was slightly cooler today but definitely short-sleeve weather, and even so I started to sweat so moved my walking pace to much more of a Pingguo one. It took just over 40 minutes but was some well-needed exercise.


Chuan Chuan had pinged me to say that Tan had ordered something and I was to pick it up at 兔喜超市. Right, I had this. Rabbit Happy Supermarket. Ok, let's find it. Hmm...the VPN wasn't working so I couldn't use Google Maps. Going to Baidu maps online made me install a maps app, so 145MB later I had it installed and searched for 兔喜超市 - hmm...there were two it seemed, so I plumped for the first one north of the guangchang. But once there I found nothing, so walked into a convenience store to ask the lady where it was. She took a look at my phone and told me it was at Yu Jing Hua Ting. What? Literally where I'm living. I thanked her and she asked if she could take a photo with me and of course she could, and ended up thanking me for some reason. Back home I looked around and found one of the places that takes parcels was called 兔喜生活..ah I should have known...but it's certainly not a bloody supermarket!

兔喜生活 is not 兔喜超市 the supermarket


With nothing to do I pinged Ma Laoban to see if he was about but he said he was going home to cook as it was 小年. I had to look this up but it seems to be like some sort of pre-New Year celebration where families eat together. Indeed, after finding my favourite place to get a refreshing mango juice and drink it in the park, Jiuma sent a message at gone 3pm to say we'd be eating together at 5pm at home. So I got home at 5pm on the dot only for her to say that they were out of gas and expecting a delivery. So I went for another walk and she said I could be up to an hour.

Mango juice in the warm February sun...nice


That gave me time to visit Beihai Huang, but he was talking to what looked like a mad man. Unfortunately the mad man then turned his attentions to me as Huang walked away. I put up with him for 5 minutes before making my excuses to go and eat. So I got back as Jiuma was calling me to come back at 5.40pm. It was a really nice meal and no beer for once. Except I paid a visit to the supermarket later to get some provisions and ended up having a chat with Mat on one of those rare evenings I didn't go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment