Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Last piano practice and late meals again

Somehow I woke up at not long after 11am. I realised I'd not been asleep for much more than four hours so tried to get back to sleep but forgot to use German or Spanish counting so it didn't work.


I wasn't hungry at all but managed to force a couple of boiled eggs down, if only to justify taking my supplements. For the third night in a row I didn't have an invitation to go out to eat, so went back to the music place for some more practice before they close tomorrow. Of course as soon as I had put out the music at 7.50pm, A Wu called to go to his and eat. So I compromised and told him I'd go over in half an hour as was just starting piano practice. I managed to improve my Easy Winners a bit but still struggle to put it all together. But it's a labour of love I suppose. Similar for Mozart's fast sonata 304 which is still getting my fingers in a twist, but better than no twisting at all.


Although I've been to A Wu's place several times now I still forgot where his block was and he had to resend the address and location but 5 minutes after arriving I was in the lift with 4 jin of Thai longyan fruit that cost me the princely sum of 55 kuai. When I walked in I thought I'd overdone it with the fruit as there were just A Wu and two other blokes at the table, with A Wu's wife's sister in the kitchen. Well the little daughters came over and gave me a nice hug which alone justified coming over. As it was, at 9.30pm a few more blokes turned up and justified the amount of food on the table.

A Wu's son Yi yen grabbing some of the delicious bbq we heated up


It was great food, especially the pheasant, which for years I thought was wild chicken as that's what it literally translates as. But I was glad he has a western toilet as my guts didn't agree with something or other. Oh, and being heated was a great touch too. I could have stayed there much longer than I did. But Haiwei had called me at 10.10pm to go and eat at his place, and as I haven't seen him much recently due to his work I told A Wu I'd go over there half an hour later. Sadly, he told me a bloke he played ping pong with just suddenly died two days agoa from heart failure and he was only in his 50s. I think it may have happened on court too as Haiwei had driven him to the hospital but it appears it was too late. I didn't know what to say really but came out with something like we should live life to the full while we can for we never know when it will end.


It was nice to see the couple that I presume own the place again, and despite having already eaten enough I managed a fair amount more over the next nearly 3 hours. We ate some roubing, which literally means "meat biscuits", and is apparently made from 90% pork and 10% ice. I thought about asking exactly how that works, but will leave it for another time. It seems it is a way to get kids to eat meat when they won't eat it in a more natural format. Fair enough I guess. Anyway, I got home at just gone 2am but ended up chatting to Mat and Awl for longer than is decent but was asleep before 4am.

No comments:

Post a Comment