Saturday, December 21, 2019

Haiwei and Thunderf00t

Up at a respectable 7.30, that turned into gone 9 despite the cold. I showered and at nearly 10am decided that actually I would have breakfast, and walked to the jiao zi place and guzzled a lovely portion while explaining to the owner why I was back. She was happy to see me as she smiled for the fourth time since I’ve known her.

I found my lovely tee-shirt that Mon got for me nearly 10 years ago

Sadly I still take pictures of the view from the lift...

I hadn’t told many people I’d be in Pingguo this weekend but I had told Haiwei and I should have gone to see him last night, so I called him to see if he’d like to eat lunch and of course he did. We went to a relatively simple place and had a lovely huoguo and only two beers each which was refreshing in more ways than one. We arranged to meet for tea but as it transpired he was too tired. As I had only another 36 hours or so in this town I ought to have painted it red, but sadly I was also tired so went home to rest for a while in bed.

Bloody good huoguo with Haiwei

I spent the next few hours nearly getting to sleep watching “busted” videos from Thunderf00t on Youtube. I think I may have seen one of his years ago but quite like his science-oriented diatribes at people trying to make money from well-wishing but ignorant folk.

At 6pm I had to go to a friend’s for tea, but by then Li Kun had called me to meet up, and I genuinely wanted to, so made my excuses at 8.30pm to go to his house for a bite and a drink, but I’d also said to Haiwei I’d also meet him for a drink at 10.30pm…. He’d obviously had more of a nap than I had and was back in the groove of beers. I did my best and acted appropriately even if there was a rather drunken woman who didn’t. But I was very British about it and made my excuses by 11:30pm to go back to Li Kun’s. I managed to stay for some excellent raw fish dropped into boiling oil with quite a few friends, and it was nice not to have the pressure of playing the guitar for once.

First evening meal

Excellent fried fish with Li Kun

Watching the City match...we won't win this season but when we play well it's so nice to watch

I got home after 1am but in time for the City - Leicester match and watched us perform well for once completely taking our chances and getting a well-deserved three points. Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment