Monday, August 25, 2014

More fever, but good footy

Awoke at gone 10.30 and realised I still had a fever. I just chilled for a bit before lunchtime, and then took out kids for lunch in Ming Dien hotel, which is what we sometimes do when it's boiling outside. But they didn't eat that much and had expensive drinks, though the bill was only 125, which could have been worse for such a nice place. Leilei and Xixi both took the curvy swirlers from their expensive drinks with them but the waitress rushed out to say they couldn't. I was annoyed at this and thought to argue about worthless bits of plastic but didn't do it, and got the kids to hand them back. A moment later she rushed back saying we could keep the swirlers and also gave us the iped that Leilei had left in the restaurant. I felt justified in holding back my anger. Yet another learning experience. What a privilege to be aware of learning at an age where most people seem above that.

Leilei and Xixi with their swirlers and the iped - karma?

I left the kids with Chuan Chuan and went home, where I managed to doze for 15 minutes or so around 2pm so I must have needed it. Tan was around and went out 5ish leaving me to relax more. I called Chuan Chuan around 9 and she said the kids didn't want to come back despite one of them having left me a message on WeChat to do so earlier. I was happy with that.

Maybe because I was still feverish I kept mulling about choices. There are two types of people in this world, those who appreciate choices and those who don't....

Tan had said she'd call but didn't and I didn't care. But at 10.30 I gave her a ring and she said she'd be back in a bit. I hadn't eaten all afternoon so went for a ride. I really wanted to avoid alcohol so couldn't go to the places I normally would have, and ended up outside our block. I ordered mostly greens and the blokes there wanted me to share some beer with him so I obliged, but only one can. I left explaining that when feeling better I'd come back and drink with them for longer. The food left me feeling stronger and Tan noticed I was more sprightly when she came back around midnight.

Although I really tried to have another kip in the evening I couldn't do it. I was too excited about the City game at 3am. I managed to get out of the bedroom before 1am explaining the truth to Tan. She didn't really mind as it meant no chance of snoring. I had a couple of beers around 1am and chatted with Awl to help keep me awake and indeed did so. Luckily the game was quite good despite being the poorer team for most of the first half. But we scored and that kept me going for the second half where we scored again and then Aguero was magnificent to make it 3-0 before letting in a silly goal. Last five minutes were typical City but the result wasn't. Well-earned three points! Finally to sleep at 6am...in Xixi's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment