Friday, August 16, 2013

Andge arrival

Inexplicably woke up at 2am!! And couldn't get back to sleep till 7am!! Horrible. I slept on and off till midday but it wasn't refreshing. I had received an email from Awl at 6am saying he hadn't slept either and did I fancy breakfast? but had not seen it otherwise I would have.

I heard from Awl around 4pm. Apparently he'd gone for a wander and walked up Horse Head Mountain in his awakeness in the morning and only got to sleep at midday to be woken by the cleaning ladies four hours later. We needed to go to Nanning to pick Andge up and left around 5pm with Si Ji. Leilei called me and said he wanted to go and I was happy to take him as I haven't spent much time with him in the last two weeks, but I left Xixi to avoid arguments and she was happy to stay on the dian dong che with Chuan Chuan. We had plenty of time when we arrived so ate at some department store. Afterwards Awl added insult to fizzy water injury by finding Perrier in case soda water was not enough. Then, at Walmart he found the holy grail - Watson's tonic water, which definitely wasn't there last year - that meant I now owed him five bottles....

Andge had arrived at Guangzhou and sorted out the Pingguo SIM I'd given him in London. Tan had warned of typhoons that would prevent him landing at Guangzhou but nothing had materialised. However as we drove to Nanning airport the heavens opened and delivered a magical electric storm which meant Andge's flight was delayed. Luckily Awl and I had a plan for that: we sat in the restaurant with an expensive round of lemonade, water and coffee, but made it count with our self-brought DVDC and some whisky I'd brought for Andrew until he arrived - in fact the first plane to arrive that evening - only an hour late.

On the way back to Pingguo I got a call from Li Kun. He'd called earlier to ask us out for a bbq but since we were delayed I didn't think he'd still be able. But when we arrived around midnight he came to the bbq place and we ate and drank till 3am. Awl came back to our house with us but immediately went back to his hotel for a reason I wasn't able to ascertain. Andge and I had a couple of tiny JDs and threw two paper aeroplanes out just because we could. I slept in my study and missed Andge's text to charge his phone at 5am, and Venky's a few minutes later to say he was one his way to Hong Kong. I was glad I chose the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment