Saturday, June 20, 2009

Boys need yoga too (and a new shirt)

While out on the electric bike with Ailun I thought I noticed a young lady with an interesting teeshirt (no! not wet! dirty minds!). I knew Ailun was into yoga so I turned the bike around and stopped in front of her and her mates and introduced Ailun to her. She was slightly nonplussed, then I explained that Ailun really liked her top and could he have his photo taken with her? Well she duly obliged, and I am glad to say that Ailun did not ask her for the top as a souvenir...


Boys need yoga too! And anti-perspirant

I had to go back for a siesta as it was bloody hot and I'd been up since 8am due to the noise opposite our house. But Ailun was starting to get used to our town and went out on his own...to buy a shirt!

Well I must say he did a good job of making a shirt purchase last three hours and nearly got his money worth considering it cost 30 quid! He got some Chinese lessons in an air-conditioned shop, and even woke me up to tell me that they wouldn't give him a discount. I did argue with the shop assistant for a while but it was true - 30 quid was the price and that was it, astonishing! Even the locals backed me up later that these shops don't do discounts so it wasn't me just being lame. Well, such a nice shirt must not go unphotographed...


Ailun buying a cool shirt in a cool shop (air-conditioned) from some cool ladies


Ailun realising his American credit card is no good in China having already sweated into the new shirt. (It's ok he had cash)

By the way I found Leilei watching "Postman Pat" in Chinese - some things travel very well.


Postman Pat at Waipo's house

Later that day I took Ailun to the guang chang (huge town square) where he'd arranged a date with the daughter of the snake man and doctor-wife. We got there early with Leilei so he could play on the apparatus (Leilei, not Ailun). At 6pm the snake man's daughter arrived...with her mum! So for this date I took Leilei, and Ailun took snake-daughter on a rather nice boat ride by the guang chang for half an hour under the gaze of her mum. Afterwards there wasn't a great deal one could do with a watchful mother, so as it was Saturday we went to see the great spectacle that is the colourful fountains of Pingguo.


Leilei at the guang chang playground


Ailun waiting for his hot date!


Pingguo guang chang fountains - the highest one in the middle goes 90 metres

After saying zai jian to Ailun's date, we scaled the 200 or so steps up to the fairly new statue of Deng Xiaoping on one side of the guang chang, where we had a chat with some of the locals and Ailun "sweated bullets".


Ailun shaking hands with Deng Xiaoping

No comments:

Post a Comment