Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wedding meal at last night in Guangxi

We left Pingguo in a bit of a mess with last-minute travel arrangements etc... I've left half a suitcase of clothes here that I hope will be available and will fit next time I come.

A Zheng and his family gave us a lift down to Nanning, much as they'd given us a lift up to Pingguo over three months ago. The only nice thing about the journey was seeing Xixi at the other end. She now can shout "BA BA" whenever she sees me and it melts my heart.

In the evening we were scheduled to attend a wedding for a couple of which one was related to Tan's dad. Xixi didn't come due to the time but Leilei enjoyed it tremendously, especially the stage diving (well not exactly that).


Tan and her younger cousin A Heng during the wedding in Nanning


Leilei making shadows during the wedding for all to see


Leilei stage jumping

I was amazed by the rather thin groom's ability to put back copious glasses of white alcohol as he had to "ganbei" just about every other bloke in the room. He let me into a little secret afterwards, telling me it was just water. What a lightweight! During my Chinese wedding I had no such option!


I'm not sure you're supposed to eat the bride (not while everyone's watching anyway)


After the meal I let everyone go back in a couple of cabs and decided to go off to the famous "Zhong Shan Lu" which is a street full of sumptuous bbq with something available to every taste from vegetarians to full-blown serial killers. After walking for 15 mins I decided on a nice looking stall with a good range of food and oredered myself some octopus and some nice looking bits of pork. I sat on my own table and ordered myself a beer. Not wanting to eat alone, I said "cheers!" to the people on the next table and before I could finish my glass I was sitting with them, sharing their (and my) meal, and showing photographs of the family. We had a nice hour or so together, after which we exchanged phone numbers and QQ numbers, and promised to meet the next time I was in Nanning.


Friends made in Zhong Shan Lu

Later got a taxi home for my last night in Guangxi this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment