Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Meeting the Americans

Tan and I went for another meal at the Ming Dien Coffee Language Hotel. Tan rang A Ni, who said she'd be around in 20 mins after a quick shower. Then she had the cheek to complain when she turned up over an hour later as if she wouldn't do the same.

Apparently Tan has been taking my advice about coming here to eat during the cold. At least she knows I'm always right (well...). I left when A Ni turned up as I needed to pick up Leilei from school.

Either today or recently I took Leilei to the Americans' apartment as I needed half an hour's sleep. Their apartment is very nice and rather grand for Pingguo. I noticed a message daubed in large red letters around the top of the wall in the kitchen: "IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE WORLD" or something to that effect. In another time something like that may have been illegal. Anyway I left Leilei playing Lego with his friends (or "Legos" as they say in American) and came back a bit later.

In the evening we went out for a lovely meal (for the nth time) with Tan's new circle of friends and their husbands. I made my own way on the electric bike solely as I knew this is the last week I'll be using it and I'll really miss it. Leilei was a bit naughty during the meal; he likes to spin the revolvable food holder around and when we told him not to he went out and did it on others' tables as in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment