Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Waipo remembrance meal

Tan took the kids to Jiuma’s at 10:30 and with the quiet I got back to sleep and awake at gone midday to see a text saying that the kids were doing the burning of the money for Waipo’s memorial. I was sad and annoyed to have missed it but came over straight after a shower just in time for a meal. I sat at a blokes table and as much as didn’t want it I had to drink beer. I stomached it for an hour before taking the kids back and nearly dozing off for an hour while I lay it off. We were told there was to be a family reunion meal in Bangxu tomorrow and at first I said I couldn’t go due to work but I thought better of it as this could be the last time for a long while and family first etc.

Kids eating at the kids and ladies table

RIP Waipo - now back with your husband

Luwen rang me to say he’d be in his shop with some duck made by his mate that we drank with last night and sure enough 10 minutes later I popped round and there it was. Fortuitously it was teatime so it was fitting for the kids too and we all sat down to eat it before going to the guangchang at 7.30 as promised and Xixi went roller-skating again. We met Er Jie and the bloke Lao He from earlier who I’m guessing is her bloke but not keen on asking, and she confirmed about going to Bangxu tomorrow. Later I checked with Tan what time and she says we’ll be leaving between 10-11am. That sounds rather exact but could mean anything.

Random English words and gobbledegook on Xixi's tee-shirt 

One way to get the kids to eat up

I don't know why they can't just write "non-recyclable"

Leilei managed to hop up a curb for the first time


I should have gone to bed early but for some reason I ended up at a KTV place around 11pm for a while and after that couldn't sleep so bought one ETH at 3.30am as if that was some sort of excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment