Monday, August 05, 2019

Bbq with Luwen

A day of work but managed lunch at Luwen’s where he’s still refusing to take any payment, and he told me to come back at 8pm for a drink. That was a little early in terms of work but sod it at 8.30 I took the kids over but they were as bored as one might expect so I let them stay at home at 9.30 as Tan was out. How Luwen can afford the amount of bbq he brought is a question I should have given up trying to ask but I can’t help myself even though I know the answer will not be forthcoming in the near future.

By midnight I was back and tucking in the kids, after which I went for a short ride to see if Huang was about but his restaurant was closed. It’s a far cry from 2008 when I used to go out at 1am and he’d always be there to greet me. Fair enough though he now has a proper restaurant that opens I guess at 5.30pm plus a wife who is now pregnant thanks to the new laws about being able to have two kids. Almost every mother I know here has a second child now or one in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment