Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Birthday meal and lack of body clock but first night in new fang zi

Despite falling asleep at 11pm I was up at 3am. My body clock is seriously fucked up. So after trying unsuccessfully to get back to sleep I turned on the laptop and watched the last two minutes of the first half of Young Boys vs. Spurs. It was 3-0 and was the only gratifying thing at that time as I wanted Spurs to fall out of the Champions League and into the Europa League so they could meet City and we could get revenge. No such chance as they scored two in the second half to lose 3-2 and have two away goals to take to White Hart Lane. Favourites in my book.

I blundered through the morning and then couldn't even get to sleep in the afternoon. Tan's birthday was back on the 13th but we didn't do anything as she was in Nanning. So, today she called me up about 3ish and said that she'd invite our friends out for a meal tonight to celebrate. I sorely wanted to get some sleep but also had to sort out some more housy things like getting the accoutrements for the tea table as I was expecting visitors to want to drink tea with me later on.

The birthday meal was at 6.30pm, and we took up three tables in our private room - even Waipo and Jiuma came, something quite rare to see them eating out in such decadent surroundings. However I was just too tired to enjoy the evening properly. I drank about five glasses of sugar Coke in an attempt to stay more awake and add something to the night, but was quite frankly glad when it came to an end around 8pm. But part of the celebration was for our new fang zi, so most of the women and some of the men traipsed back to our new abode for fruit and tea. I quite happily made my first appearance as tea host, and made some "tie guan yin" tea for the blokes at my "running dog" tea table.


Pouring tea for Lao Pan's husband Lao Lan and their son on Running Dog

Later, when everyone had gone, I thought I'd at least sleep one night in our new place. That wouldn't have been a bad idea had I told Tan. As it was I'd just dropped off when I got a call from her at 1.45am (why did I forget to put phone on "silent"?) asking where I was. She understood ok, so I was just dropping off again when Awl IM'd me (I should have closed Skype on my phone) in a vodka stupor at 2am and I had to tell him I couldn't chat at that time. Finally must have got to sleep some time after 2am. But at least in our own place.

No comments:

Post a Comment