Monday, July 31, 2017

First KTV of 2017 and big storm

Up at 7am - although I could have slept longer had I decided it would not be regrettable if I went jogging but when I checked my phone I saw there was some urgent work to be done which kept me busy till 2pm. And then as I was about to fall asleep for a nice siesta another email came through that required my attention and I had to accept that there would be no sleeping this afternoon. In the end it took me till gone 10pm to finish off work so a good 15 hours.

During the afternoon Leilei came to me whining that his iphone was locked and wouldn't accept his passcode. Doing some searching it seems others have had this problem where the phone refuses to accept the correct code and the only option is to reset the phone. But in order to do that I needed itunes and basically it was going to be a real palaver and as I had work to do I put it off till tomorrow. I'm not a great Apple fan.

We had a whale of a storm during the afternoon too - I'd experience the rain before but the wind was unprecedented in my experience. Apparently trees had been uprooted in this typhoon but I didn't believe it till I saw it.






The kids were eager to go to the guangchang so I took them there after a trip to play ping pong but to their dismay the bouncy castles were not up probably due to the recent rain. Xixi was desperate to do something so I let her do some stained-plastic painting even though the average age of the other kids doing stuff was much lower. They did want to come here so much but are clearly growing out of it - they're getting to the age where the actual stuff to do here will be much less interesting and they really need some friends of their own ages to engage with. The problem is they don't know anyone and aren't really the most social people in the town to go out and meet people.

In the evening it was nice to be invited to karaoke by some friends I'd met last year. I could only make it for 11pm and I didn't intend to stay up till 3am...most of the people had been there for long before me and I had no intention of catching up on their state of inebriation but I did manage to do a couple of songs that seemed to be appreciated muchly.

No comments:

Post a Comment