Friday, July 18, 2014

Tian Yang Po bbq x2

For some reason I was up at a rather late 10.30. I offered to get Tan breakfast but she said she was goint to do pilates and fast for three days on nothing more than fruit. Fair enough, I'm not going to argue.

I went to see the kids at Waipo's place but then needed to go to the market to get three cucumbers, some buffalo tomatoes, and grapes, as that was what Tan would be eating from now on.

I had talked about sorting out Waipo's house with the internet so Chuan Chuan and everyone else except Waipo could use it. I arranged with Chuan Chuan to go to the bottom of our block to arrange this but it needed someone with a China Mobile phone, and hers was China Unicom as that has fast internet (China Mobile choosing to implement the protocol incorrectly, apparently). As mine wouldn't do because my number wasn't "named", A Heng had to come along. Apparently they would take the monthly charge from his credit, but I had to pay some stuff in advance. I finally found out why my number didn't work; apparently they had changed the rules this year and if you don't have a named card, and you don't make a call within three months, your number is lost. I did ask to "name" my card but was given looks of nonplussed-ness and I thought it better than to argue at this time. In any case, although the wiring was already there, and they had had internet within the year, they said it would not be before Monday that they would get a connection.

Back home after a bite to eat at Waipo's, Tan declared she was hungry and wanted five portions of duck tongues, five of duck intestines, and two chicken claws from Tian Yang Po's bbq place. So at 9pm I took the kids to get it. So much for fasting. It took over half an hour to get it ready so we went for a ride and found some women playing volleyball. It looked so inviting and had my back been better I'd have tried to join in. As it was we had to be content with the stretching exercises by the side. We finally got the bbq to mama at 10pm after having a bit ourselves.

Good for stretching the back

I then took the kids to the guang chang as I'd promised them. It was well gone 10pm but they enjoyed a stint on the bumper cars and then some painting that you then bake to make it hard. But it was well gone 10.30 by the time they'd finished, despite my attempts to help.

Bumping at the guang chang

A Wu called for me to go to bbq with him so I met him at his office then dropped the kids off at Waipo's with Chuan Chuan, and went to Tian Yang Po's bbq for the second time that night. Haiwei called, and we bade him come down, and we all had a nice night with some of A Ni's colleagues, not drinking too much. Until that was, Tan called me at 12.40 to say I'd be sleeping in Xixi's room tonight as she didn't want to be disturbed. Blimey I was just on my way home luv.

So in Xixi's room I tried to book tickets back to the UK. The stupid Skyscanner site I've used before sent me to Ctrip to book the best tickets, but every single ticket on Ctrip was sold out. So why were they available in the first place? I was just to tired to continue so didn't get tickets in the end as it was already 3am.

No comments:

Post a Comment