Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Staying up till 5am to see us lose to Reading

Woke up at 1pm and had some food in the house.

I think we went for a meal at Xiao Wei’s parents’ house. There was a fantastic tropical storm that only I seemed to be interested in.

I stayed up till 3am to watch the Man City match at Reading. There was another bloke watching the footy with me. He lives here too with his girlfriend at the moment; his parents don’t like her so won’t agree on them getting married. What’s more is that she’s pregnant. Apparently if the child is a boy the bloke’s parents will probably be ok about it – she is going for a scan to check this soon, something that is actually illegal in China though is obviously commonplace. And if the child’s a girl? Who knows? But I feel sorry for the glut of young Chinese men of marriageable age who can’t find mates (not that I have helped the situation at all).

Unfortunately it was a crap match that we lost and really wasn’t worth staying up till 5am for.

No comments:

Post a Comment